March - Collaboration Day - Early Release 12:05 p.m.
School will be dismissed at 12:05 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1st. Lunches will be served.
Science Fair Information
Centennial Science and Engineering Fair, March 7, 2017 5:30-7:30 pm
A message from Superintendent Cvitanich
I have been asked by a number of community members how our district will respond to any new executive order from President Trump and accompanying court decisions regarding immigration status, and how these decisions may affect the students and families served by the Olympia School District. With more than twenty different languages spoken in our school district, and 200+ English language learners, we are mindful of our responsibilities to the students and families we serve. We also know students work best in an atmosphere that is perceived as safe and supportive. As such, I have shared with staff the importance of our district's role in creating a safe and positive work environment for all students. All means all.
Learn about elementary school choice programs
Will you have a student in grades K-5 in the 2017-18 school year? If so, are you interested in learning more about our optional programs? We invite you to attend one of our Elementary School Choice Program nights:
- Lincoln Options (213 21st Avenue SE) - Wednesday, February 22 from 6-8 p.m.
- ORLA (2400 15th Avenue SE) - Wednesday, March 1 from 6-8 p.m.
- Lincoln Options (213 21st Avenue SE) - Thursday, March 2 from 6-8 p.m.
- Hansen ES (1919 Road Sixty-Five NW) - Thursday, March 16 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Hansen ES (1919 Road Sixty-Five NW) - Tuesday, March 21 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Spotlight on Success - February 14, 2017
In this edition of 'Spotlight on Success'; Madison students show appreciation with ‘Valentines for Veterans’, Learn All About Kindergarten Day is a whopping success, Jefferson MS students become playwrights/performers/set designers, Construction on “Mini-Buildings” is underway...and much more!
Learn about middle school choice programs
Olympia School District Middle School Choice Programs Information Nights are March 7 and 9, 2017. Will you have a student in grades 6, 7 or 8 in the 2017-18 school year? If so, are you interested in learning more about our optional programs? We invite you to attend one of our Middle School Choice Program nights:
- Tuesday, March 7, Reeves MS, 2220 Quince St NE - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 9, Jefferson MS, 2200 Conger Ave NW - 6:30 p.m.